‘Sorry to everyone that missed me fighting’- Lawrence Okolie After Knockout Win Within 20sec - Know Naija - Breaking News, Entertainment, Sports, Music, Virals etc

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday 28 March 2017

‘Sorry to everyone that missed me fighting’- Lawrence Okolie After Knockout Win Within 20sec


The 24-year-old Nigerian-British boxer and Rio 2016 Olympian, Lawrence Okolie took just 20 seconds knockout his competitor Geoffrey Cave and grabbed a win on his professional debut.

"Sorry to everyone that missed me fighting" Okolie tweeted. "The good news is a win by KO in 20 seconds!! Bad news is I’m back in the cage for now".


London-based Cave, 33, has now lost all three of his professional fights.Okolie competed at heavyweight and lost to Cuban, Erislandy Savon at the last-16 stage at the Rio Olympics.He had boxed Savon once before and lost via a first-round stoppage.

But at the second attempt, he went the three-round distance with the Cuban who would eventually claim a bronze medal.

HOW HIS BOXING CARRIER STARTED

Savon had lost to Nigerian-born Anthony Joshua at the London 2012, which also inspired Okolie. Okolie had explained that the likes of Joshua lured him into boxing.

"Before I started boxing properly I was working in McDonald’s, and I was watching the Olympics during my breaks whenever I could,’ he told Sky Sports News HQ.

It was the only thing to do! There was a particular break where Usain Bolt won the 100m then Anthony Joshua won gold. I felt something then. It was really inspirational. I started putting more work into training, and believing it more."

Okolie hopes to become a world champion within four years and is scheduled to fight on the undercard of Ricky Burns’ super-lightweight unification bout with Julius Indongo on April 15.


No comments:

Post a Comment